VIP Protection Skills Program
Defensive Training Concepts offers the complete Close Protection Skills Program as required by PSIRA to register and work as a CPO (Close Protection Officer) in South Africa.
The course is offered in 2 ways: 1) A 4-week (28-day) full-time course to groups, or as 2) a part-time course run over 6-9 months. This course covers all the Unit Standards the SAS Seta Skills Program, as well as a handful of other skill sets required to be effective as a CPO. On completion of this program the learner will be able to register with PSIRA as a Close Protection Officers and may then legally work in South Africa as a CPO / Body Guard.
- 123510 – Apply Tactical Knowledge in the use of Firearms
- 246694 – Explain the requirements for becoming a Security Service Provider
- 116534 – Carry out basic first aid treatment in the workplace
- 12484 – Perform Basic Fire Fighting
- 244317 – Provide static protection to designated persons.
- 244319 – Provide close protection to designated persons whilst in transit
- 244327 – Provide pedestrian escort to designated persons within a close protection environment
- 244334 – Provide protection to designated persons whilst embussing or debussing
Other Skill Sets:
- Advanced Driving Skills
- ASP Tactical Baton
- Tactical Knife Skills
Course Duration: Full-time: 4 weeks, Part-time: 6-9 months. Please check with us as to when the next course is scheduled.
Pre-requisite: Must have completed “Knowledge of the FCA” (U/S 117705), “Handle & Use a Handgun” (U/S 119649) and “Handle & Use a Handgun for Business Purposes (U/S 123 515). These unit standards can be presented by Defensive Training Concepts at an additional cost prior to the CPO course.
Equipment: Most equipment necessary will be provided, including training manuals, ammunition, eye- & ear protection, targets, patches, range fees, etc. It is advisable that students who already own a handgun, make use of their own firearm. Quoted prices excludes accommodation & travel.